In the femto lasik laser treatment, valve is prepared within the planned thickness, diameter and depth for patients with small eyes and a skinny cornea. The stages after valve incision and therefore the follow-up of the operation are the identical as within the standard lasik.
The valve prepared within the treatment of femto lasik is stable. After the operation, it’s better for the valve to be attached to the cornea and heal.
With femto lasik treatment, it’s aimed to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. After the operation, values below 0.50 are considered successful and therefore the patient doesn’t have to wear glasses anymore.
Femto LASIK in Our Hospital
Femto lasik operations are successfully applied in our hospital. Our doctors are specialized in laser and intraocular laser.
The best treatment plan for you is decided after a close examination by our doctor. you’ll contact us to urge information about Femto lasik
Am I Eligible for Femto LASIK?
People who haven’t changed their refractive error within the last year and who are over the age of 18 are suitable candidates for this treatment. Whether femto lasik surgery are applied or not is decided after the examination.
During the examination, the thickness, biomechanical strength and slope of the corneal tissue are evaluated. it’s investigated whether there’s any problem like keratoconus, severe dry eye and cataracts that will prevent surgery. additionally, it’s evaluated whether there’s strabismus and an in depth retinal examination is performed. With retinal examination, retinal holes and tears also are detected. If a controversy is detected within the retina, the patient should be evaluated by retina specialists.
In hypermetropia, refractive defects of about 6 astigmatism, 6 myopia, about 10 or less, may be treated with Femto LASIK.
Who is not suitable for Femto LASIK?
If there’s a structural defect within the cornea (corneal dystrophy, keratoconus, etc.)
- Eye tension (glaucoma)
- Corneal thickness isn’t sufficient for surgery
- Femto LASIK cannot be applied if there’s severe dry disease.
Before Femto LASIK Surgery
- Before the treatment, if the patient has complaints like stinging or burring within the eye, the patient must inform the doctor.
- Hard lens wearers are advised to prevent using them 2 weeks before the examination and surgery.
- Soft lens wearers also are recommended to prevent using them 1 week before the examination and surgery.
- Female patients shouldn’t wear make-up on the day of surgery.
Stages of Femto LASIK Surgery
The patient won’t feel pain during the operation. you will feel a small pressure within the eye during the operation. The operation is performed on the two eyes within the same session, one after the opposite. The surgery is completed during a very short time. The operation time is 10 – quarter-hour for both eyes. The stages of the surgery are as follows:
- Eye goes to be numbed with anesthetic drops.
- Eye area are disinfected.
- a part of your face are going to be covered with a sterile cover.
- Eyelids are visiting be opened with the assistance of a tool to stay the eyes open throughout the surgery.
- a skinny valve (flap) goes to be aloof from the cornea with special tools.
- Corneal tissue under the flap are reshaped with laser.
- The valve are closed back to the corneal surface.
- A drop of antibiotic are applied to the eyes.
- The instrument holding the eyelids are removed.
After Femto LASIK Surgery
- within the first hours after surgery, you’ll have complaints like stinging, burning, pain, blurred vision and watering in your eyes.
- Protective glasses are used on the day of surgery.
- you must use cortisone and antibiotic eye drops as your doctor will advise you.
- you must not neglect your routine checks after surgery.
Problems That Can Be Seen After Femto LASIK Surgery
Blood within the Eye:
It is seen reckoning on the vacuum applied within the surgery. It disappears spontaneously in about 4 weeks. It doesn’t cause any pain.
Dry eyes may occur for a long time after the operation. This problem are eliminated with the tear drops utilized in the treatment.
Numbing Remaining within the Eye:
Depending on the degree of the refractive error, there could also be numbing left within the eye at different rates. Your doctor will inform you about this issue before the surgery.
Ectasia occurs when laser is applied to a watch whose corneal topography and thickness don’t seem to be suitable. Although it’s very rare, it may be seen postoperatively within the cornea with sufficient thickness and structure.
Diffuse Lamellar Keratitis:
It is an hypersensitivity. It are often treated by washing the eyes with serum or increasing the frequency of use of the drops utilized in the treatment.
Lasik surgery doesn’t prevent any eye surgery that will be required within the future.
Things to Consider After Femto LASIK Surgery
- don’t take a shower or rub your eye the primary day after the operation.
- you’ll be able to return to your normal life at some point after the operation.
- you must not neglect your post-operative controls.
You can contact us to get more detailed information about the Femto Lasik Laser successfully performed in Este Pearl and to learn the prices of Femto Lasik Laser. We will be happy to answer your questions.