What is SMILE Laser?
Smile laser is one in all the newest laser eye surgeries. it’s a minimally invasive procedure which will treat vision disorders like myopia and astigmatism. SMILE laser may be a suitable treatment for professional athletes who are exposed to pressure or impact.
With the SMILE Laser method, it’s possible to treat astigmatism up to -5 myopia and up to 10. The operation is all quiet and odorless. The patient can remain within the same position from the start to the tip of the operation. Large incisions are required in Lasik treatment. within the SMILE treatment, these incisions become very small. the rationale for this is often that there’s no risk of corneal flap displacement within the SMILE treatment method.
In the SMILE treatment, “Femtosecond laser” is employed to reshape the cornea. Femtosecond Laser may be a near infrared and intensely short pulse laser. it’s also accustomed create LASIK flap.
It takes approximately 22 – 23 seconds for the laser to create a lenticular piece of corneal tissue within the cornea. The surgeon then removes the lenticule through the tiny incision within the outer layer of the autumn. within the operation, the cornea is reshaped and also the refractive error is treated.
Who Can Be Eligible for SMILE Laser Treatment?
- Those whose eye prescriptions has not changed within the last year
- Those who have a decent health condition of the cornea and eye
- Over the age of 18
- Those whose degree of astigmatism is not greater than -5.00 and
- Those with a degree of myopia between -1.00 and -10.00 degrees
Who Cannot Apply SMILE Laser?
- Under the age of 18
- Those with corneal degeneration
- Breastfeeding women
- Those who are pregnant
- Those who have a condition that may affect healing
- Excessive scar formation
- People with cataract disease
- Those with severe glaucoma
- Patients with changing eye prescriptions
- Those with cornea diseases
- Those who have had an eye fixed infection before
- Hypermetropia patients
- Excessive keloid formation
You should stop wearing contact lenses a minimum of 4 weeks before surgery. you ought to stop wearing soft lenses 2 weeks before. These can interfere with diagnostic tests before surgery.
You should not wear conjure before the operation. you must not use lotions or perfumes. These products can leave residue round the eyelashes and eyes. This increases the chance of infection.
SMILE Laser Surgery
First of all, the attention and its area are numbed within the surgery. the attention must be immobile during the procedure. Some devices are often used for this. Once the attention is fixed, the laser creates a lenticule within the stroma. An incision but 4 mm in breadth is made on the corneal surface. The doctor will remove the lenticule from this incision. Removing the lenticule corrects the refractive error. The incision made during the operation is incredibly small. The incision heals itself after a long time.
Advantages of SMILE Laser Surgery
- The recovery time is fast.
- Capless technique is applied.
- it’s the tiniest incision on the attention surface.
- Corneal and refractive consistency.
- Provides a more gentle operation.
- The closest result to nature are often obtained.
- The duration of the operation is brief.
- it’s a quick and sensitive treatment method.
- there’ll be no problem within the structural strength of the attention.
- the danger of the amount coming is sort of negligible.
- Dryness of eyes is unlikely.
Features of SMILE Laser Method
- With the smile laser method, it’s possible to treat up to -5 in astigmatism and -10 in myopia.
- it’s a sort of operation without incision.
- Protection is provided within the biomechanics of the cornea.
- Closed surgery method is applied.
- it’s one stage surgery.
- it’s suitable for skinny cornea.
The discomfort felt during the recovery process after SMILE treatment is minimal. some days after treatment, patients can return to their daily lives routine. To wear compose, exercise and drive.
- you ought to definitely not rub the attention after the operation.
- After the surgery, you ought to keep one’s distance from activities that may exert yourself.
- To avoid accidental eye scratching, your doctor may recommend special products that you just should wear while sleeping.
Side Effects of the SMILE Laser
No surgical intervention is without risks or side effects. Before the operation, your doctor will explain all the possible risks to you. Possible risks and side effects of SMILE Laser treatment:
- Defect of vision,
- Visual disturbance,
- Ocular pain,
- Delayed visual improvement.
Such side effects are usually temporary.
You can contact us to get more detailed information about the Smile Laser successfully performed in Este Pearl and to learn the prices of Smile Laser. We will be happy to answer your questions.